Codess Forum Skype Community - Code of Conduct
Welcome to the landing page for the Codess Skype community. Codess is an engineering forum for women, initiated by Microsoft. Our group is a safe, confidential space for women in tech to share their experiences, ask questions, celebrate achievements and learn from one another.
Whether you're new to the tech industry, looking for a career change or a tech expert. Our group does not exclude people. You are more than welcome to join whether you work in programming, technical writing, software testing and QA, graphic design, user experience, project management, or other areas that are tech related. The more the merrier!
Click here to join up: https://join.skype.com/loR8YR0jc5rj
• Be friendly and welcoming
• Be patient - Remember that people have varying communication styles and that not everyone is using their native language. (Meaning and tone can be lost in translation.)
• Be thoughtful - Productive communication requires effort. Think about how your words will be interpreted.
• Be respectful - In particular, respect differences of opinion.
• Be charitable - Interpret the arguments of others in good faith, do not seek to disagree.
• Avoid destructive behaviour: derailing, unconstructive criticism, snarking, discussing potentially offensive or sensitive issues... - If you encounter an issue, please mail the administrators.
• Insulting, demeaning, hateful, or threatening remarks.
• Discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexuality, or similar personal characteristic. • Bullying or systematic harassment.
• Unwelcome sexual advances.
• Incitement to any of these
•Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
• If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.